Yes. How it's done varies. Your landscape is unique.
Discover: how you can maximise value in your organisation.
Do it: with your Scrum teams, and your individual partners.
Product Ownership is hard.
- Scheduling, planning, budgeting, managing.
- Satisfying the customer, aligning with your business, contracting and making sales.
- Understanding requirements, prioritising work, negotiating with stakeholders and developers, ensuring ROI.
- Scaling results, offshoring in the global market, delivering on-time.
- Ensuring quality.
Your Challenge. Your Design.
Join Diana Larsen and Steve Holyer. In 2 days, we'll show you new skills and practices that will shift your product ownership activities to the next level level.
Find the best-fitting approach for your one-of-a-kind-situation, and design (or re-design) your product ownership framework using LEGO® Serious Play®.
Are you ready to max-out value?
Discover the secret that makes Agile product development simply work—custom-tailored to your uniquely complex organisation.
Does your product provide what your business needs and your customers demand?
Learn how to be a liaison, coach and facilitator linking your business, customer, and development partners.
Work effectively with specialists, Scrum Masters, UX, developers, compliance, management, and many other partners in product development.
Do you have what it takes?
This workshop is for you, when you're ready to go beyond the basics you learned in Scrum Product Owner certificate training. Great adventures start with a single step. On this journey, you’ll discover that you have have what it takes to design your own adventure.
Be ready to be be surprised...
...take home new discoveries that are immediately actionable.
Should You Attend?
What if I'm not a Product Owner? This is a learning adventure for everyone building your product.
Our quest is designed for:
- Project Managers and Product Managers
We will be speaking the language of Product Ownership.
We also welcome traveling companions who practice product ownership as PO partners in the product vision. Your fellowship ensures a better outcome. Some potential traveling companions are:
- Embedded Subject Matter Experts,
- Digital Designers and QA Experts,
- Business Analysts and Requirements Engineers,
- On-site Customers, and
- other product partners who speak the PO's language...
How will you maximise value in your organisation?
With your Scrum teams, and your individual partners?
After the POByDesign Adventure Lab you'll be able to:
- Apply design thinking principles to understand product value.
- Design the role of product ownership to fit your organization. Form a working product team from your own unique constellation of Product Owners, Product Managers, SMEs, Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and other team members working together to produce value.
- Collaborate with your development teams —and other product partners—to give priority to the work that produces the most value.
- Demonstrate facilitation skills by asking powerful questions. Become a great product owner by becoming a product facilitator.
- Work with developers and stakeholders to focus on value, deliver value and optimize value using the Agile Fluency™ Model as a guide.
- Give your Development Team the best possible start with a great Liftoff** and a clear “why” for your product.
You'll use LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® in the POByDesign Adventure Lab to grasp previously hidden insights about creating effective product ownership for your unique organisation. LEGO SERIOUS PLAY lets you experiment and discover new strategies in the lab.
About your POByDesign Facilitators
Diana Larsen is author of Liftoff 2nd ed.: Start and Sustain Successful Agile Teams; Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great; Five Rules for Accelerated Learning; and co-originator of the Agile Fluency™ Model. A founding partner of FutureWorks Consulting, she leads the practice area for Agile software development, team leadership, and Agile transitions. Diana contributes as a leader with Agile Alliance, Organization Design Forum, Agile Open Northwest and the Agile Open Initiative.
Steve Holyer is a Product Ownership coach, trainer, facilitator and consultant helping product organisations unleash value and deliver results. Principal consultant at Steve Holyer and Associates in Zurich Switzerland; he is a sought after international speaker and trainer on Scrum and Agile Product Ownership. Steve created POByDesign™ as a new approach to work with and train product owners.
Steve is a trained and licensed Strategic Play™ Facilitator using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®.
Roland zh, upload on 14. September 2009 (Own work) CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons