REGISTRATION ENDS THURSDAY NOV 10
A product owner delivers your company's most valuable product.
It’s a far-reaching job. It's challenging, sometimes overwhelming, and it requires a mountain of specialized skill.
Every product owner's environment is different.
Occasionally product owners work solo.
Many product owners work with product managers, analysts, designers, project managers, subject matter experts, UX specialists, product developers, and other people who support the work.
Some product owners form a product team with many of these people.
How will you succeed in your environment?
In this 2-day workshop you'll explore your product ownership landscape using LEGO® Serious Play® to figure out how Agile product ownership fits best in your environment. Learn and practice new product ownership skills. Use your skills to design an Agile approach to product ownership for your one-of-a-kind situation.
Your Challenge. Your Design.
Join Steve Holyer and Diana Larsen for this 2-day workshop in Portland Oregon (Nov 15-16).
Design your product owner adventures to meet your one-of-a-kind challenge.
Should You Attend?
This workshop is for everyone building your product. Especially:
- Product Owners
- Agile Managers, Product Managers and Project Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Other contributers eager for new insight - programmers, embedded subject matter experts, business analysts, QA Experts, and more.
You can also come as a team. Sit together, and find answers for your unique product ownership challenges together.
Tuesday November 15, 2016, and
Wednesday November 16. 2016
McMenamins Kennedy School
Portland Oregon, USA
Lunch and other refreshments are included in the workshop price.
Register now, prices increase to $1,149 on October 15.
MAX # PARTICIPANTS
25 (strictly limited)* Only 2 spaces remain!
After the Workshop
- Apply design thinking principles to understand product value.
- Explain how the experience using LEGO® Serious Play® enriched your learning and insight into product owner value.
- Examine how “Cost of Delay” impacts prioritizing for value.
- Collaborate with your Development Team and product partners to give priority to the work that produces the most value.
- Design the role of product ownership to fit your organization. Form a working product team from your own unique constellation of Product Owners, Product Managers, SMEs, Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and other team members that work together to produce value.
- Demonstrate facilitation skills by asking powerful questions and become a great product owner by becoming a product facilitator.
- Give your Development Team the best possible start with a great Liftoff** and a clear “why” for your product.
- Summarize the Agile Fluency™ Model. Use the Model to work with developers to focus on value, deliver value and optimize value.
About Your POByDesign Facilitators
Diana Larsen is author of Liftoff 2nd ed.: Start and Sustain Successful Agile Teams; Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great; Five Rules for Accelerated Learning; and co-originator of the Agile Fluency™ Model. A founding partner of FutureWorks Consulting, she leads the practice area for Agile software development, team leadership, and Agile transitions. Diana contributes as a leader with Agile Alliance, Organization Design Forum, Agile Open Northwest and the Agile Open Initiative.
Steve Holyer is an experienced trainer, coach, facilitator and consultant helping organisations unleash value and deliver results. Principal consultant at Steve Holyer and Associates in Zurich Switzerland; he is a sought after international speaker and trainer on Scrum and Agile Product Ownership. Steve created POByDesign™ as a new approach to work with and train product owners.
Steve is a Trained and Licensed Strategic Play™ Facilitator using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®.
* When places are gone, they're gone. We need a minimum of 13 signups by Oct 15 to hold the workshop. Sign up now, and take advantage of the early-bird pricing. There are no refunds.
** Liftoff 2nd edition: Start and Sustain Successful Agile Teams by Diana Larsen and Ainsely Nies is available from Pragmatic Bookshelf.
LEGO and SERIOUS PLAY are registered trademarks of the LEGO Group.